Friday, February 3, 2017

2017 New Year Beginnings

2017 sees me beginning another read-through of the Bible. Several years past I discovered a chronological reading of the Bible, and that's the approach I'll use this year. I find it difficult to accomplish the reading in one year; 18 months is more practical for me. I also hope to begin a new habit of reading the gospels at night before falling asleep but haven't succeeded yet--I've almost finished a gardening book that usually hooks my curiosity at bedtime. When I finish it, I think I can easily transition to the gospels. I think my New Year's Resolution/Word for the year will be "My Witness," following up on 2016's "Evangel." And I think the scripture I'll choose comes from a speaker at Belmont chapel around Jan. 25, Brett Swayn of The Cookery Restaurant in Nashville: John 11:40, Jesus speaking to Martha, (the momentarily deceased Lazarus's sister) : "Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" It's great food for thought to challenge me that if I'm not seeing God working in my life or in the lives of those around me, just what have I believed of Him Whom I have believed in as my Saviour?

No comments:

Post a Comment