Sunday, January 18, 2015

Decompression

After a splendid trip to Orodara/Domes of Fabedougou/Cascades of Banfora at the end of 2014, 2015 began with a big wave of activity--arrival of two missionary units, gathering of Ouaga pastors and wives, meeting of Burkina Baptist women, an infinite number of plumbing repairs at our center, and school board meeting, so that by this weekend, Jan. 17-18, I protected it as best I could to have no obligations others than church Sunday morning. And I succeeded. I did go into work Saturday morning as I had had no time to process expenses and income for 2 weeks and needed to prepare an expense report. I like to prepare one every 2 weeks to keep the procedure from being overly burdensome. Friday night Bart and I had a parents night off as Elizabeth went to a sleep-over. We chilled by watching an old movie, Sneakers, that proved pretty entertaining. Saturday afternoon I blanched and froze broccoli and green beans and baked two loaves of banana bread. Today I was rejoicing going to church at Bon Berger--love the French and their music--w/ our new missionary who is in Ouaga to learn French. Then we had lunch at our house (chicken spaghetti--one of Bart's favorites). We told S. she was welcome to stay the afternoon and then walk with me and Bart, but she had to do laundry--other units at the center monopolized the washer yesterday, so she had to take care of her laundry today. After taking her home, I returned and napped for about 2 hours. Then Bart and I walked while Elizabeth played ultimate frisbee at ISO. Was the perfect way to spend a weekend. I need to work from my rest. If my weekend fills up with activities, I run out of energy during the week, because those time slots fill up. 7 engagements already on the dock for the upcoming week in addition to my responsibilities at the Guest House and assisting in the French language program for our new co-worker. "Hello, I'm Jane Anne Gibbs, a missionary, and I attend meetings." Working towards change--prayerfully.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Jane Anne. It took me a while to get to it but...Is there a way I can sign up for an email to let me know that you've updated the blog?

    ReplyDelete